Thursday, February 26, 2009

Well, here goes nothing! :)

I've definitely been putting this off for a long time :) but I think it might be time to start my blog! So much has been going on in our life in just the past 3 to 4 months... So much is on my mind and this may be just the right thing to get it all out :)

Just to update everyone... over Thanksgiving my Grandfather passed away from many different complications. He was a very stubborn man but claimed to know the Lord as his savior, I pray that he truly did. Two weeks later Sheldon and I unexpectedly found out that we were EXPECTING! :) I think I'm still in shock mode! It's been going by slow but fast at the same time. I am so excited to be a mommy finally! If you know me well my greatest desire in life was to be a mommy! No, we were not planning on having a baby this soon for many reasons one being weight... I wanted to lose weight first but obviously God had other plans. I've come to realize that no matter how well we think we know something, he definitely knows much better! So now I'm just soaking this process in day by day! :) We find out two weeks from today what the gender of the baby is and I cannot wait to find out if it's a little Landon Reed or Avery Anne!

The past week or so I've felt as though I'm going through a changing process... I think that God is very steadily in the work of refining and molding me as I mature through out this pregnancy. I've found myself to be very self aware more so of the things that I need to be working on as well as goals I have for myself before the baby comes. You knowing me, I'm going to list some of the things so that you can help hold me accountable when you think about it! :)

1. being a better wife
2. to become more compassionate
3. to gain back being pure of heart
(“Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God” (Mt. 5:8))

4. cook more than we eat out (silly but FOR REAL! ministry takes up so much time!)
5. be a better friend

3 comments:

  1. God is molding you to be perfectly fit as his temple. We studied a passage tonight in church that talked about us being the "living stones". I thought about how some stones are the foundation and others are the pillars in front that all see. All stones are needed to create a temple to display the greatness of his presence. You my dear friend, are a beautiful stone on display (positionally). You are carving out just beautifully, keep on your knees. He's using you.

    ReplyDelete