Monday, May 4, 2009

Ye have little faith!

When I found out that I was pregnant I was totally shocked and beyond belief excited! Because this pregnancy was a surprise to us I knew a lot of things were going to be changing... and my have they ever changed...

My boss is also pregnant and due a couple of weeks after me, because of this I am losing my job. Sometimes when things happen like this we think the world's going to end... and I'm not going to lie, with a baby on the way and no job on my behalf this definitely did scare me. Sheldon and I have continually prayed about it since then though and God has been working huge in our life!

I can't help but to be excited with all of the change, after all... why would God send us a child as well as take my job away if he didn't have something amazing for our future! After we approached the future with this mindset, things have been totally falling into place. I have a couple of job opportunities that are still possible and in the works... but the other night Sheldon and I worked out a budget and cut some un-needed things in the process and figured out that if I can't get a job I will be able to be a stay at home mom! This is such a huge relief! :) Which means the money we are saving for Avery's birth and for me being off work will not have to be touched except for the money for her birth! :) INCREDIBLE!

Avery being our first child... we are starting out with pretty much nothing, and because she was a surprise we were also not prepared for her! :) We are pretty much crossing our fingers and praying that we get everything we need from the baby showers! Kinda insane! But now even before the baby showers we have received soo much from friends and family already! Hand me down clothes that are seriously like brand new, random toys and books, and just yesterday a lady in our FPU class offered me an only used twice MEDELA PUMP lol... some of you may not know but I'm pretty sure this is the best breast pump anyone can buy and now I'm able to take it off my registry! GOD IS SO GOOD because there's no way we'd be able to afford this on our own! :)

A lot of the time we know God will take care and provide for us yet we are still so shocked when it all pans out in the end. I can't imagine life without Him and I can only hope and pray that my daughter will one day know the peace that only he brings.

3 comments:

  1. Staying at home is awesome! We totally had to cut things out, but it is well worth it! And that pump will be your BFF!!! I love seeing God bless my friends!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! God is good! post some belly pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll keep posting stuff about our trip. We aren't taking the job. Lots of stuff was weird and it just didn't work out. But I will for sure keep posting stuff about the trip. See you next week.

    ReplyDelete